Volunteer Position: French Translators
Volunteer Position – French Translator
Location : Work from Home (Toronto, ON)
Website : www.easterseals.ca
Start Date : August/September 2019 onwards, minimum 6-month commitment, average 1 to 2 hours/week
Level : Advanced working knowledge of written and oral French language
Share this volunteer posting:
View PDF version of this posting: Click here.
About the Organization
Easter Seals is a national charitable organization with close to 100 years of community service in Canada. We are a trusted industry leader and Canada’s largest local provider of programs, services, issues-leadership and development for the disability community. We strive to enhance the quality of life, well-being and independence of Canadians living with disabilities.
Easter Seals helps to ensure that all children, youth and adults who are living with disabilities have access to the equipment, technology, programs, services and support they need to make the most of their abilities and participate fully in society.
About the Position
Easter Seals Canada is looking for a Volunteer French Translator with a strong mastery of written and oral French (preferably Quebec French) to assist with translations of English language documents and materials into French to support our development, programming, and marketing and communication initiatives. This position is suitable for students and retirees. The Volunteer French Translator can primarily work from home/remotely in tandem with staff; and may be required to work/meet at our office from time to time.
The Volunteer French Translator will report to the Senior Manager, National Corporate Partnership, and also work with other staff as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with staff to translate English language documents into French – for print or oral publications – as required, in a timely manner.
Skills and Characteristics
The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in working in the charity sector, and an interest in supporting those persons living with a disability. Essential Skills include:
- Bilingual, with outstanding English and French (preferably Quebec French) communication skills, both oral and written – at the College/University level
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office -Word
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Can work with limited supervision to achieve results and meet deadlines in fast pace environment.
- Proactive, creative, technically savvy, and diplomatic.
- Collaborative, flexible and adaptable.
Benefits of volunteering with Easter Seals
- Be part of a friendly and dynamic team at charitable organization with a proven history and track record that provides impactful and meaningful programs and services in support of individuals and families living with disabilities
- Help make a meaningful contribution that would make information more accessible for French-language speakers
- Build your resume and portfolio for future opportunities
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter to Easter Seals Canada via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm Friday, August 30. 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to a disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
OTHER WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
There are many other ways to get involved with Easter Seals. Support us by taking part in an Easter Seals event or campaign, or organize your own fundraising event for Easter Seals. Click here to learn more.