Duration: May – August 2019 (Internship Contract)
Location: Easter Seals Canada (Yonge and Eglinton in Toronto)
Application Deadline: April 26th, 2019
(PDF version of this posting)
Share this opportunity
Easter Seals Canada is committed to the quality of the internship program we offer. The successful candidate will be provided with mentoring and genuine learning and development opportunities.
About the Organization:
Easter Seals is a national charitable organization with close to 100 years of community service in Canada. We are a trusted industry leader and Canada’s largest local provider of programs, services, issues-leadership and development for the disability community. We strive to enhance the quality of life, well-being and independence of Canadians living with disabilities.
Easter Seals helps to ensure that all children, youth and adults who are living with disabilities have access to the equipment, technology, programs, services and support they need to make the most of their abilities and participate fully in society.
About the Position:
Easter Seals Canada is pleased to offer a work placement/learning opportunity for a student to gain experience and develop their skills within a supportive environment.
Working with the Vice-President of National Development, and reporting directly to the Senior Manager, National Corporate Partnership, the Marketing and Communications Intern will help build and enhance the Easter Seals brand by creating compelling and persuasive marketing and communication materials for internal and external audiences. This position will support a variety of print and electronic projects, including social media, website content, funding proposals, and annual campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following description provides a brief outline of the duties and responsibilities of the position as well as the skills and characteristics that would help ensure a successful placement.
- Develop print and digital promotional collateral for e-blasts, e-newsletters, website content, online marketing and fundraising materials
- Develop customized proposals, sponsorship packages, briefing documents, grant submissions and presentations to secure major gifts and
- Provide research support to secure sponsorship for signature events
- Direct proactive research using online research databases and participate in ongoing prospect identification, to acquire new corporate, foundation and major gift donors
- Support social media activities
Skills and Characteristics of Successful Interns:
The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in working in the charity sector, and an interest in supporting those persons living with a disability. Essential Skills include:
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written are necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including telephone manners
- Excellent organizational skills; accuracy and attention to detail
- Proactive, creative, and enthusiastic
- Collaborative, Flexible and Adaptable
Education and Other Experience:
- Diploma/Degree in related field
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher is required)
- Demonstrated ability in writing and developing sponsorship packages, marketing campaigns, digital collateral
- Some or related experience in donor/prospect research, an asset
- Prior training/experience using MS Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, Apple iMovie and/or WordPress, an asset
- Graphic design, video production and web development experience, an asset.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter (PDF format) addressed to Easter Seals Canada to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm Friday, April 26, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to a disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.