If you are a business owner or manager who would like to partner with us to host the Paper Egg Campaign in your store in 2022 or 2023 – whether in March/April or at other times of the year, we invite you to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the #unstoppABLE® Paper Egg Campaign?
The annual #unstoppABLE® Paper Egg Campaign is one of Easter Seals’ signature national fundraising and awareness initiatives. Part of our “March is Easter Seals Month” celebrations, the Paper Egg Campaign is a grassroots fundraising effort that brings individuals and communities all across Canada together to raise funds for Canadians living with disabilities.
Each Spring, Easter Seals’ retail partners in cities and towns all across the country will encourage their customers to make a donation to Easter Seals at their at the store’s checkout counters. In return for a donation, customers will receive a Paper Egg which they are then invited to sign with their name. The Paper Eggs are then then proudly put up on store windows and walls to create a powerful display of support.
If you’re unable to get to a store, you can also participate support Easter Seals and the Paper Egg Campaign by making a donation online at www.paperegg.ca and send a personalized Easter Seals Spring e-Card to your family and friends.
Funds raised through the Campaign enable Easter Seals to deliver a variety of programs and services for Canadians living with disabilities.
The Paper Eggs are sporting a Brand New Look!
After many years, the Easter Seals Paper Egg received a fresh make-over in 2019! The colours and imagery of the new Paper Eggs will now better reflect Easter Seals’ identity, and the mission and purpose of the organization.
Instead of the purple Paper Eggs with a drawing of a yellow chick, look out for the new red Paper Eggs featuring photo images of former participants of Easter Seals programs and services.
(Image above, on left): Previous Paper Egg design. (Image above, on right): New Paper Egg designs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I am a business owner/store manager. How can I get my store involved in the Campaign?
Our retail partners, whether independent stores or corporate-owned chains, play a critical role in the success of the #unstoppABLE Paper Egg Campaign, and Easter Seals ability to raise much-needed funds to offer program and services for persons with disabilities, and their families.
Easter Seals provides and ships all the Paper Eggs and campaign/marketing materials to our partners at no cost (to the partner). We are also committed to supporting our partners in their efforts in every way possible – including promoting participating stores during the campaign, and encouraging our supporters to patronize the store.
For more details on how your store can sign-up to be a partner, and the benefits of partnerships, please contact Casey Sabawi (Senior Manager, National Corporate Partnerships) by phone at Tel: 1877-376-6362 ext 228, or via email at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Where can I find the Paper Eggs?
If you don’t see the Paper Egg campaign at your local store:
- You can ask your local store if they are participating in the Paper Egg campaign, and ask to purchase Paper Eggs from the cashier at the check-out counters
- If your local store is not participating in the Paper Egg Campaign, encourage them to take part in the Campaign and show their support for people living with disabilities by inviting them to reach out to Easter Seals at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org, to sign-up as a retail partner.
- If you local stores do not offer the Paper Eggs, you can also show your support by making an online donation to Easter Seals here. For a full list of different ways to donate and show your support, click here.
What do I do after I made a donation to the Paper Egg Campaign in-store?
After you’ve donated to the Paper Egg Campaign in store, there are several things that you can do:
- Sign your name on the space provided on the Paper Egg and hand it back to the store clerk/cashier. The store will then add your signed Paper Egg to the display wall of Paper Eggs in the store.
- Take a photo of yourself with your signed Paper Eggs, and post the photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and include the hashtags #PaperEgg, #EasterSealsCanada, and/or #unstoppABLE to help raise awareness about the campaign and Easter Seals!
Where do funds raised by the Paper Egg #unstoppABLE® campaign go?
All funds raised from the Paper Egg #unstoppABLE® go towards enabling Easter Seals to offer vital programs, services and accessibility equipment in support of children, youth and adults across Canada who are living with disabilities. For a full list of the different types of programs and services offered by Easter Seals, click here. The programs and services offered differ from province to province. All funds raised in a province remains in the province.
What portion of funds raised actually goes to help people with disabilities?
Over 90% of funds raised through the campaign directly benefits Easter Seals program and services in support of people living with disabilities. Less than 10% goes towards printing and distribution costs.
How can I access Easter Seals programs and services?
Easter Seals programs and services are delivered directly by Easter Seals provincial organizations. Contact the Easter Seals organization in your province for details of programs and services that are available in your province. For a list of Easter Seals provincial organizations, click here.
Can’t get to a store or find the Paper Egg at your local store? You can still take part with the digital version of the Paper Egg Campaign.
- Get special e-cards! Send an e-card to your loved ones by making an online “Give in Honour” donation to Easter Seals! Choose the “Gift In Honour” donation option, where you will have the option to one of several beautiful e-Card designs, customize your message, and send it to your loved one or the person you’d like to honour with your gift. (Donations of $20 and over are eligible for automatic tax-receipts). Sending an Easter Seals e-Card today is not only a great way to celebrate spring, but your support will also help Canadians living with disabilities.
- Get special colouring sheets for kids! Support the Paper Egg campaign by downloading any or all of the special colouring sheets below for the children in your life/school/community to have fun colouring in. After downloading the colouring sheets, we invite you to make an online donation to Easter Seals! Download the colouring sheets by clicking here.
Hover your mouse over the photos and click on arrows to see more photos.
Thank you to all of our partners for the #unstoppABLE® Paper Egg campaign!
National and Regional Partners
Provincial and Local Partners
Click here for a full list of partners across Canada.